Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer '09

Today is the beginning of my summer schedule at the library....the beginning of early mornings and dinners that aren't thought through, ham sandwiches three afternoons out of the week! But at the end of the summer when all is said and done I will appreciated the extra hours and money that that brings, and all and all I enjoy what I do...

For the past three summer's I have worked in the Children's room at the library helping out with our annual Summer reading program, I mostly sit behind the desk at a computer signing the kids up, but I get to be there when they get their prizes...which is always fun! This year the theme is 'Be Creative at your library' I'm really excited about the theme this year...the last couple years haven't' been my favorite themes...."catch the reading bug" while very catchy the whole bug thing got old....and gross!! It's always nice working the reading program, it gives me a change of pace from what I normally do and I get to work with the kids and the ladies in the Children's room are by far my favorite people at work! It helps that they all like me too, the reason I work back there is because they request me and make sure to grab me first before any one else wants my help! :) Honestly...they told me that!!

I had a freak out moment last night, All of a sudden it hit me that the summer schedule started today and I realized I wasn't prepared for it...I have no idea whats for supper tonight, or this week in general, I'm sure I need to get groceries, I don't know what to make for lunches this week (I bring derek lunch at work during the summer) Derek helped calm me down, but I still need to figure all this out! I probably will do it at work when I get a free moment...work is good for that, getting things done I could get done at home but can't because I'm at work! :)

And of course it rains today...isn't weird how days feel gross when it rains, like your mood is just off because the weather is....hmmm weird. Well I need to keep a smile on despite the weather and my control freak mind bugging out on me. Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

(p.s. Bonus pionts and a dessert made by me for any one that can tell me what movie I just quoted in that last sentence?!?!)


Until next time,

The Love Birds

1 comment: