Friday, June 26, 2009

I was just realizing today how much I love my husband, I know, eight months of marriage and your just figuring that out!? I always know how much I love him but at certain times it becomes new and fresh again.

I guess what made me start thinking about it was the fact that I watched the devasting episode of Jon and Kate plus eight were they announced to the world their plans to get divoriced...I have watched their show for the last couple months and while I see why they are going through with a divorice it still makse me sad to think that a couple could come to that, especially with the kids they have! I can't imagine Derek and I getting to that piont in our lifes and deciding to just quit...to give up on each other really....It really made me stop and think about our relationship and how we have in the short amount of time we have been together created a trust and love for one another that can only grow with the years ahead. I get frustrated with Derek, as all wives do with their husbands, but he always make me get weak in the knees when he looks at me with those big brown eyes and I forget why I was even mad! Which sometimes makes me more frustrated with him, I just want to stay mad and win an arguement, but it rarely happens! I guess I don't mind losing fights as long as I get to lay in bed with him and talk until we can barely keep our eyes open, kissing each other goodnight and just laying there in perfect quiet knowing that he is there....*sigh* I love being married!


Now I'm really sad...Derek is going to a golf tournament thing on Michigan tomorrow, he is going with his dad and his brother, they have done it the last couple years so I know what to expect....he gets up really early, gone all afternoon, back by like 6....and I was ok with that, a little bummed just because Saturdays are usually me and Dereks day to hang out and spend time together, but I know that he enjoys the golf and time with the guys. But then he tells me this morning that they are thinking of leaving tonight and spending the night so they don't have to leave so early in the morning tomorrow....:( It would be so weird to sleep in our house with out Derek, I haven't done that yet...I'm a strong woman, I keep telling myself....but I need Derek, I would definitely miss him!


I might be blogging tonight just to fill the emptiness of my house (gosh am I dramatic)


Until next time,


The Love Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment