Friday, June 19, 2009

It's funny how the last couple of post I have written have been from work, this shouldn't shock me since I'm here all the time (yes I'm at the library right now working and writing this) When I get home I usually don't have the energy left to be witty or informative enough write a blog post, it's been nice to work by a laptop on the mornings I work, that way I can update you all on our everyday lives...which isn't that interesting but I tend to think its important! :)


I was always one of those people who would decide to start a journal and get all excited, going out and buying some leatherbound book and documenting the first day of writing as something that would one day be infamous, writing that I will record my thoughts and feelings every day, dull or not, and the plan goes as I thought for about three days and then my creative juices start to sour and I decide that I don't really want to write about sitting at home, making supper, watching a movie and going to bed, I live it every day why would I want to write about it....well thats how I feel about blogging, especially since its not just me that is reading it and can be bored, I want to write something that people want to read, thats witty and smart and funny...

I've started to realize though that there is so much more that goes on in my days than what I think to write, I feel the purpose of writing is so that one day you can go back and read it to remember that time in your life, to learn from it and to enjoy the memories...So when I look at a day that I have just finished and I think about writing it down, my bad habits have taught me to just write what I need to...went here, say this, came home. But what I need to do and what I hopefully will start to do is see the little things that made the day so enjoyable to me and share those thoughts...and those things are not, "derek and I sat on the couch and watch a movie" it's "Derek and I were laying on the couch, his arms around my shoulder, me laying on his chest, I feel so protected and loved when we sit like this, him almost guarding me and me trusting him to do so, of course then he decides to tickle me the gooey feelings are gone and full on tickle revenge is on...which is silly of me because derek is the best at getting my guard down and making me laugh hysterically, without even touching me!"

That's what I want to remember....how I felt, what Derek does to make me laugh and be loved, I don't care what movie we watched or what we had for supper, but the conversation we had while eating, or the jokes we shared while watching the movie! :)


This is my new goal....see the little things, don't be afraid to share them, to write them down so that I can remember them! And now that I have written all that I at least will feel guilt tripped if nothing else to do exactly that!!


Until next time,

The Love Birds

3 comments:

  1. So true...and, honey, I feel the same way and do the same things with writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana I really enjoyed reading this post! Hope you start writing more like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, I love reading anything you write. Okay, so I am your mother and we tend to say things like that!

    Thank you for sharing your heart and please don't stop writing...no matter what you write about.

    ReplyDelete