Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July randomness

So I've been a slacker lately with my blog! It's hard to find time to sit and write, when I finally do sit down for the day the last thing I want to do is open my laptop up...I want to talk to Derek or just sit in a comfortable silence.

July so far has gone good...we are of course only a week into it but still I'm holding out hope that this will be a great month! We celebrated the Fourth in our usual fashion, a party at the Smiths and watching fireworks on their front lawn! I have such fond memories of the fourth of July through the years, especially the year Bluffton had monstrous amounts of rain and it flooded and the smiths lost power to their house right in the middle of the party...kids screaming, adults looking for candles and everyone continuing to eat after the shock of it all! What fun we had, it seems those years were easier for everyone, maybe its because I was younger and didn't notice the troubles..I wish I didn't notice them now, I guess when you are an adult and have your own worries you know how to spot other peoples! Like God gives us radars so we know when to comfort those and encourage because we ourselves know how it feels.....Just my thoughts!!


I'm hoping we can go on a vacation this month. Really I don't care were we go as long as I don't have to clean or cook that much and there has to be a hot tub!!! :) I just feel like getting away for a couple days to recharge and just get away from every day life and enjoy some stress free moments with my husband!

I don't want anyone to think we are in trouble or anything or things are stressful...It's just life....We are happy and enjoying our time but every now and then things get you down, whether they are your own troubles or those of others! It always seems like you can have one bad day or one upsetting moment in the week and the rest be perfectly fine but you still go back to the moment and remember it more than the good....why do we do that? Maybe you don't have this problem, I seem to...remember things I did wrong but forget all the wonderful moments that I had....hmmmmm, I'm working on it! :)


On a lighter note.....I'm going to be an Aunt again!!!!!!!!!!! YES!! Lindsay is expecting another baby this coming Febuary!! We are all sooooooooooooooooo excited for her and John-Thomas! I have to remind myself that I want to wait for kids, but its hard when you see micah and now lindsay is going to have that whole cute pregnant look....of course the morning sickness that Lindsay has been going through is a good reminder to wait a while to get pregnant! :) Thanks lindsay for going through this to keep me from doing the same, your a real trooper ;)



Until next time,



The Love Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment