Friday, July 24, 2009

Chicago

I'm going to my favorite city ever, Chi-town, The windy city, CHICAGO! (Derek fondly refers to it as hell hole, but we didn't ask him did we!?)

I have been to Chicago a couple times, all times have been fond memerios for me, I went for the first time with my family, and then my friend, now sister-in-law, lindsay went to school there and a bunch of us went up to see her, and then my mom took me and my sister for my 17th birthday to see the broadway play Wicked, which is a whole wonderful story of it's own, then lindsay got married and I got to go back and stay with her and her husband for a couple days, on that trip they quizzed me on directions in the city and finding my way around, which I'm glad they did otherwise I would have got lost on my next and last trip to Chicago. My aunt had never went to Chicago so my mom and I decided that just wouldn't do and planned an all girls trip with the purpose of getting my cousin her first ever American Girl doll. It was a fun trip and we all had a blast walking around like we owned the place. It's been at least two years since I was there last and now we are going back, this time is a little different....this time I'm married!!!!! :)


Needless to say I am very excited about the upcoming trip that will take place in a week and one day!! I will definitely be counting down the days! :)


Until next time,


The Love Birds

1 comment:

  1. You don't think Derek would need me to stay with him while you're gone, do you? I could use some good tv and some Jose..lol. I'm excited for your trip..can't wait to hear about it! Have fun!

    p.s.Chris would completely agree with Derek's naming of the city.

    ReplyDelete