Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Countdown begins

Hello to all my faithful readers,


Quick note:

Thank you all for reading my ramblings. It means a lot to me to know that people care and are interested and what I write! :)

Okay now....


I went to Fort Wayne this morning/afternoon with my mom, had a really good time. We just did a quick trip but we got everything we needed and had a great time talking and catching up. I have a week and two days before Laurissa's baby shower on the 29th, plans are coming along nicely. I have really enjoyed planning the shower and getting to hang out with Angel Zoll. I live for a good party ;) I don't think I have written much about it, not much to say, we are doing a pink and brown color theme, which is uber cute, and just really doing simple things for decorations, like mason jars filled with coffee beans and a pink candle on each table, we are doing a baby clothes line above the gift table and a diaper cake for the gift table, we are doing a luncheon, with sandwiches and such for food with cupcakes and desserts. Everything is almost done, we will make the food a couple days before the shower, I finished the centerpeices today and started the diaper cake, really the hard part is putting it all together the day of...and really for me thats fun!!! :)


I love planning these kind of things, I get all giddy when I go into the party store and look at all their decorations and plates and cute stuff. I would love one day to get paid to do this! Who knows maybe.....I guess I just need to keep doing it and decide if its something I am well good at and then if I really want to do it full time. If anything I enjoy it as a hobby.


Derek is working tonight, a part is going out so the guys have to get it all wrapped up and ready to ship tomorrow...derek was telling me that it is going over seas and will be on a ship for like a month. How crazy is that!! :) Might have my sisters out though to watch a movie, thought it would be a good chance to do a girls night since derek would be gone and I didn't feel like being by myself. Normally I don't mind, I get to catch up on my One Tree Hill addiction but I figured I have already watch like three episodes today so I should take a break!

My husband comes home soon to eat and see me so I should get off the couch and look productive!! :)




Until next time,


The Love Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment