Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chicago and house gift!

I'm back from Chicago and while I loved visiting my favorite city I'm glad to be home! Every thing about Chicago to me is amazing, the buildings, the shops, the people, the fact that at one point the air smelled like chocolate! (major points in my book) I had a great time being tour guide with my mom, between my various trips to Chicago and her love of maps and directions we never got lost...a little turned around but not lost! :) I did end up coming back with some stuff...sunglasses, which you can see in the pictures I posted yesterday, a couple shirts and a sweater for this winter, no purse but that's ok. I did get Cheesecake, which made up for the lack of a purse, wish I could have brought the cheesecake home with me but I doubt it would have made it through a four hour trip of train and van! Over all a good trip, but I did miss my husband GREATLY!!! I realized I don't like doing things without him and while he wouldn't have been happy in Chicago I still wish I could of had him there with me.


While in Chicago we stopped into on of the coolest stores call Crate and Barrel...its a home furnishing store, its three stories of everything for your kithchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom. My mom and I love this store...its cute but practical stuff that we both wish we had in our houses. but it made me think of the things I have that I absolutely love in my home....some that I got for .50 cents or less at garage sales...while I'm a big fan of new things, I'm always a bigger fan of great finds of old and previously used items, I have one object that comes to mind and thats this cute little glass container I bought at the bargain hut, it has a lid and everything....I loved it right away and came home and put on this table I have by the front door and of course filled it with candy! It was my favorite thing in the house until one day I came home and it was broke......











now I won't talk to badly about my husband because I do love him, but lets just say he doesn't do well when he starts losing in a video game...so when pillows start flying things are usually going to be broken.....so while I huffed and puffed about my broken vase for days, derek kept assuring me that I would find another vase just like it and love it..I of course assured him that no I wouldn't and that was the only vase out there like that and I loved that one....Weeeeelllll since God has a sense of humor wouldn't you know it I did happen to find not only one but two of the almost the same vase as I had before....So I've decided to spread the joy that this little vase has given me and pass it on to someone else. I would love to hear about your favorite house hold item (new or old) and maybe the story behind it. I will give the vase to whoever's story I like best, basically because it's my blog and I can do whatever I want with it! :) I will give everyone till let's say Friday at 11 a.m. I will annouce the winner over the weekend!! :)

Have fun writing and I can't wait to hear your stories!! Below is a picture of what you will be winning...isn't it cute!!





Until next time,



The Love Birds

2 comments:

  1. I do not have a house quiet yet but I do have a room that is filled with memories of Landon, Lane, plus Betsy spending hours talking/gossiping about people or how we have nothing to do but go on facebook, they come in and sit on my big half queen size bed for a chat with me.

    My bed was found in the attic of the old part of our house under some insulation. It was always too big for any of our rooms until we added on and me and Landon got the new and bigger rooms! So while we were discussing about if I would keep my bunk beds or not... I thought of the ideal to bring the old metal bed down for my new room!

    So my bed is my favorite part of my room... It brings all of my siblings together for a moment. No facebook, No ipods… Just us comfy and happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved Lanette's post....how sweet is that?? I'm going to have to go with my favorite NEW household item/s being my living room furniture. I love the colors of it and how comfortable it is, but mostly I love the fact that our entire family can sit comfortably in the living room for our times together, be it, "family meetings" or just lazy Sunday afternoons....many memories have already been made on that furniture...

    ReplyDelete