Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday night football

No, I'm not a football fan all of a sudden....I don't have predictions on who will win nor do I really care but I have against my will become a Monday night football watcher, come to think of it, a Sunday watcher too!!!! I love doing things with my husband, even if it means sitting through a four hour long game, okay so I don't usually actually watch the whole thing, I usually have the computer out and will catch up on my girlie tv shows that Derek can't bear to watch, or write on my blog like tonight. But I do try to at least stay in the room, if any thing to appear interested! Any thing for my husband. Maybe one day I will be a fan... I will confess that slowly I am warming up to certain parts of football....like the tight pants! Just kidding.

Once you start watching it enough you start to figure out what's going on and where the heck the ball goes when they throw it. I like knowing the players, makes it more personally...I know, I'm such a girl, making football personal...hey I went to the Ohio State game, I saw a grown man cry, don't tell me it's not personal for some people! (and no Derek wasn't crying, some random dude) I do admire the fans devotion, how they will stick with a team through a ten year losing streak, or like the patriots even though they are cheating sissies! I think us women just have to accept the fact that guys aren't like us, they don't get upset about missing a big sale but will huff and puff for days about their team losing a game...the mysteries of life.

Game is starting, Tonight the Saints and Patriots are playing...in case you were wondering, my prediction; The Saints will win....winning streaks shouldn't be messed with...just ask the Colts! :) See I'm catching on to this whole sports thing!


Until time next,

The Love Birds

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lana, my dear...it also took me a while to warm up to the whole "the world stops on Sundays and Mondays" football thing. But I do enjoy it now and on those days I plan nice dinners!!

    chicago bears are not big winners

    ReplyDelete