Friday, November 20, 2009

Skokie, Illinois, new friends and the Pioneer Woman

It's been awhile...I know, I know! My new blogger friends would be ashamed. (more about them later) I have very good excuses! ;) Any who I wanted to catch you all up the best day of my young life...except of course my marriage to my cutie pie of a husband, but definitely up there...




For the past year I have religiously been reading the Pioneer woman blog, pretty sure I have told you all about her when I did some recipes of her's...yum that strawberry cake was good...well she wrote a cook book and has been doing a book tour of america, when I found this out I went right away to see if she would be any where near our small little town, and to my happiness she was coming to Chicago, which is four hours away from Bluffton, I was so excited, I would be seeing my two favorite things, Chicago and the pioneer woman! I immediately told my mom to clear her schedule we were going to Chicago, just had to wait for the time and place to be announced...well weeks later it was posted and the first thing I saw was the place wasn't in Chicago but a town called Skokie..."Skokie, Illinois, where the heck is that" pretty sure were my exact words! I wasn't swayed though, I just said "oh well, been to Chicago, never meet the pioneer woman..she wins!" It was so worth it.

My mom and I left after work on Thursday at like 12:30 and headed up to Skokie, the book signing was at 7:30 and we wanted to be there early to get a good place in line, we were there three hours early and ended up 91st in line, not bad considering there was over 250 people there. Ree (the pioneer woman) was going to give a short Q/A presentation before the signing so they set up chairs on a first come first serve basis at like 5. and then after the Q/A they would line us all up to get our books signed.


While waiting we had the opportunity to meet some fellow bloggers and pioneer woman fans/stalkers. We had so much fun with these ladies, We were all excited to be sitting in the front row, we swapped stories and exchanged blog addresses. It was a new experience for me...never would have classified myself as a blogger, but now I would proudly own that title! :)



The whole night was something to look back at and smile about, we laughed a lot and were so thrilled to be a part of the experience!


With all that though I am happy to be home. I missed my husband, I couldn't wait to come home and share everything with him...especially this picture of the pioneer womans husband..he reminded me a lot of Derek, sweet, charming and overall a really handsome guy! :)


Until next time,


The Love Birds

2 comments:

  1. Things better than today:

    1.) Going to the 'Shoe for the Ohio State game last month.
    2.) Colts game Sunday night.

    :) I kid, glad for you to be back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana - Great posting! Keep up the good work. Write, write, write!!

    with all your might
    :^)

    ReplyDelete