Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Plans for tomorrow

Two days before Thanksgiving and I'm counting my blessings that both our families live in the same town and that both of the moms in my life make delicious meals!!

We are celebrating with Derek's family on Thursday afternoon and then going to my parents that evening for supper and going to see a movie, a family tradition. Don't really have much to make for thanksgiving...Tracie (my mother-in-law) makes things days in advance because she has so many people over so she had everything covered for her meal, and my mom isn't making a ton since it should be just us kids and my parents so she didn't really need help with the food...Betsy was going to make pumpkin pie but I felt like I should helped out with something so I offered to make the pumpkin pies for Betsy...I would much rather make a dessert than food any ways, and I started realizing that I like to feel like I have something to do, and that I'm helping out...so I jumped at making the pies. :)

So tomorrow will be pie day for me, not to bad, I work in the afternoon and Derek is going to Fort Wayne in the morning with his dad so I will have the house to myself, which is always good when I need to get stuff done! If they turn out pretty I will try to remember to take pictures so I can brag about them here.

Until next time,


The Love Birds

1 comment:

  1. Well...your pumpkin pies were the best! Thanks for spending Thanksgiving Day with us...and going to the movie....was that the hardest decision ever to make or what !

    ReplyDelete