Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday afternoon at the Smith household, not much going on. Colts are playing so Derek is glue into his man chair watching it, I have laundry going and got some christmas shopping done, I love the internet! :)

I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon. I've told myself not to think about it to much until after thanksgiving...I just have to make it through this week then I can stress out! I have it a little easier this year, both our families are trying to save money and with a lot of the guys out of jobs we all decided we need to cut back this year on presents. So we are drawing names for our families, so instead of 12 presents I only have to buy 6...so nice!! Of course me being a gift person I already found 6 other people that I would like to buy presents for...so we are buying about the same amount still...hopefully less money though! I'm trying really hard to stay in budget or under, making a lot of cookies for people's presents, I would love to get candy so I figure everyone else will...I really hope so!

I will start making my buckeyes and different candies the beginning of December, Derek's friend Chris is coming for his annual stay the second weekend of December and will be here till the day before Christmas eve, so I want to try to get as much as possible done before I have somewhat of a house full. I like to visit with Chris and his lovely girlfriend Jo, so I don't want feel trapped in the kitchen!


Should probably start thinking about thanksgiving this week though...I have two dinners on Thursday, probably should see what I'm bringing and then make a grocery list...ugh I hate groceries. but most likely I will be making desserts so that is always fun, wish we could live off desserts! :)


Until next time,

The Love Birds

1 comment:

  1. Lana -

    When you start your list of things needed for your double meal Turkey Day...remember the pants with a stretch waist!!

    then taste taste taste

    ReplyDelete