Saturday, September 5, 2009

Parlor City Trot 2009

This morning was the annual Parlor City Trot in Bluffton, this being our first year in the running world Derek decided to go out and run it, it is a half marathon (13miles), the guys had to run 20 miles today for their training so they went out at the crack of dawn and ran four miles, then ran the race and finished the last three after the race! Since they were leaving at like 6 this morning I opted to just meet them at the start at 730...I might be used to the running world but I will never like getting up early,..ugh!!! Well after all that running, derek just skipped the award ceremony and went home to rest and watch football...I ended up walking 3 miles around Bluffton...no not on purpose, I went to a garage sale and then had to walk home. Well when I got home Angel txted me and informed us of some great news...
Derek won 1st place in his age group!!!!!!!
Again I forgot my camera and I wasn't there! Derek and I were both shocked but excited....he gets a plaque and everything...and no he wasn't the only one in his age group...there was a second and third place winner also, pretty much my husband is awesome!!! :)
Until next time,
The Love Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment