Sunday, October 11, 2009

cold weather and warm apple pie


I hate cold weather...ok so I enjoy moderately cold weather, like 70 and light breeze, jeans, socks, sweater kind of weather, NOT winter boots, two long sleeves shirts and a jackets...and still cold..I couldn't feel my toes earlier today! With this oncoming cold front I have been partaking in cold weather activities. Such as cuddling up on the couch with a blanket, big socks (Derek's socks are the best) warm apple cider and hot chocolate, standing in front of the fireplace at my parents until my back side is nice and toasty. Along with these is the need to make warm desserts such as apple pie...I am a big fan of apple pie, I really don't care for many pies that don't involve chocolate or peanut butter but apple pie is one of my favorites!

We went to my parents tonight for tacos and the colts game, I usually try to bring dessert since that is my specialty and I have been craving pie, I was crashed on the couch all afternoon under a blanket, alternating between sleeping and watching golf and football with Derek, I slept alot! :) I almost gave in to my lazy side and didn't get up to make the pie but decided I wanted it to much to let myself off the hook, so I pulled myself up and headed to the kitchen to try my hand at a recipe I had found online, I am so glad I did! Not only was the result delicious but also very cute! :) I made sure to take pictures to share with you all...my dear followers! :)


Until next time,

The Love Birds


No comments:

Post a Comment